Dr. Jwalant Mehta, Consultant Spine Surgeon
MBBS, MS(Orth), D(Orth), MS(Orth), MCh(Orth), FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Dr. Mehta is a Consultant Spine Surgeon based in Birmingham, but works with patients throughut the UK.
Dr. Mehta has been producing medico-legal reports since 2008 on all aspects of orthopaedics, musculo-skeletal trauma and spinal problems. Spinal problems include lumbar and cervical conditions and spinal deformities. He has worked for claimants, defendants and insurance companiesn and can take on work that requires a rapid turn-over.
Clinical (NHS & Private) Practice:
- Deformity corrections in paediatric, adolescent, adult and elderly populations.
- Degenerative conditions of the cervical and the lumbar spine.
- Sports injuries in professional and semi-professional football, cricket and rugby players. Spine Consultant with the Swans City FC.
- Management of spinal trauma, spinal infections, spinal tumours.
- Medico-legal report writing for injury claims.
- Medical Law Course, Generic course for Specialist Registrar’s, Wales Deanery
- Medical report writing course, London, May 2010: Writing quality medico-legal reports, Duties of the expert, Questionaing techniques, Court room skills, Giving evidence
- 1989 MBBS (Bombay University)
- 1992 MS Orth (Bombay University)
- 1992 D Orth (Bombay University)
- UK 1998 MCh Orth (University of Liverpool )
- 2001 FRCS (Tr & Orth )
- 2002 FRCS (Royal College of Surgeons of England)