Experts in Law Cost Drafting, Advocacy and Negotiation
SM Legal Services Ltd are a firm of Birmingham based costs draftsmen who have been providing legal costs recovery services to the legal profession for nearly two decades. We prepare all types of bills of costs relating to all areas of the law and specialize in complex high value cases. Files for costing can be collected by our private courier or received through the DX system.
As a firm, we have already prepared a high number of costs budgets and have developed our own format/practice in this regard. Naturally, we have extensive experience in other aspects of costs and would be pleased to work to any preferred templates or styles.
Recovery of Costs: we prepare all types of bills of legal costs relating to all areas of the law:
- high quality detailed and accurate bills of costs (inter partes, legal aid, solicitor-client)
- precedent H costs budgets
- statements of costs, including for fast-track trials
- estimates of costs
- schedules/summaries of costs
- points of dispute
- replies to points of dispute
- High Cost Case Plans for family and civil matters
- CLS costs claim forms
- preparation of estimates for allocation and listing questionnaires
Cost Advocacy: we have extensive negotiation and advocacy experience on detailed assessment and offer:
- representation on detailed assessment hearings AND on costs related hearings
- attendance upon telephone hearings
- negotiations and attendance at court
Advice on Costs: with nearly two decades of legal costing experience, we offer advice and guidance:
- general advice on legal costs and costs management
- formal written advices
- advice on formulating offers and conducting settlement negotiations
In-House Costing: we offer an in-house costing service and are happy to attend your offices at your request to undertake work. This service can be useful for particularly large cases where it would be preferred that the files do not leave your premises, for cases of a sensitive nature and/or for urgent matters.