Dr Faisal Mir – Principal Clinical Psychologist
B.Sc. (Hons), D.Clin.Psy.
Dr. Faisal Mir is a Clinical Psychologist working in Adult Mental Health Services in Walsall. Dr Mir undertakes medico-legal assessment for personal injury claims or clinical negligence, and also conducts medical reports for criminal cases. He reports on a variety of issues including; the psychological impact of personal injury, clinical negligence and mental health in terms of criminal proceedings.
In his current NHS employment, Dr. Mir works with adults with severe and enduring mental health difficulties both in the community and in hospitals. However, in his private practice, Dr Mir works with adolescents and adults who who are suffering from trauma, and the majority of the work is around psychological recovery after road traffic accidents.
Dr Mir produces Expert Reports in: Family Law, Criminal Law, Employment Law, Personal Injury, Public Law, Immigration / Asylum: Children & Adults, Prison Law.
- Psychiatric Injury; Assessing and treating anxiety, depression and trauma
- Assessment of mental health issues in relation to criminal cases
- Mental Capacity and cognitive assessments
- Domestic violence
- Emotional and Sexual abuse
- Personality Disorder
- Work Related stress / Fitness to Work / Return to Work
- Employment Tribunals / Disability Discrimination Act / Equality Act
- Sexual Harassment & Bullying
- Racial Discrimination
- Road Traffic and & Workplace Accidents
- Trauma Sequelae
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Psychosomatic Disorders/ Munchausen / Malingering – fraudulent simulation or exaggeration of symptoms assessments
- Psychopathology / Psychiatric Disorders
- Psychiatry Injury due to Medical Negligence / Clinical Negligence
- Victims of Crime and Abuse
- 2006 – 2009: Doctorate in Clinical Psychology University of Birmingham
- 1998 – 2001: Psychology Bsc Hons University of Coventry