Dr. Dawn Adams, Clinical PSychologist and Chartered Psychologist
BSc. (Hons), Ph.D, D.Clin.Psychol, Pg.Dip., AFBPsS., CPsychol., C.Sci
Dr Adams has 10 years experience of working with individuals with brain injuries and learning disabilities in both research and clinical settings. She specialises in working with children and adolescents both in expert witness and clinical settings. This provides her with a vast bank of experience in assessing a wide range of mental health problems using both objective psychometric tools and clinical interviews.
Dr Adams’ additional qualifications and experience provide her with expertise in neuropsychological assessments of thinking and learning skills including IQ, memory, attention and executive function. Dr Adams undertakes both publicly and privately funded cases including personal injury assessments.
Dr Adams regularly takes instructions directly from solicitors and case management companies. She is trained and certified by Bond Solon and Cardiff University Law School in expert witness report and cross-examination training. Her performance has been examined and certified for both Civil and Criminal proceedings.
Areas of expertise include:
- Cognitive and neuropsychological functioning
- Assessment of psychological impact of significant event, e.g. road traffic accident, physical change
- Assessment of mental health difficulties including anxiety, PTSD, depression
- Cognitive Functioning, IQ and capacity assessments
- Identifying learning disabilities
- Suggestibility & Compliance
- Assessment of mental health difficulties
- Assessing the extent to which cognitive difficulties impact on thinking, learning or behaviour
- Postgraduate Diploma in Paediatric Neuropsychology – UCL (2012)
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology – Southampton University (2009)
- Doctor of Philosophy – University of Birmingham (2006)
- BSc Psychology (2i) – University of Birmingham (2003)
Professional Qualifications & Memberships
- Registered Clinical Psychologist, Health Professions Council
- Associate Fellow, Chartered Psychologist and Chartered Scientist, British Psychological Society
- Member of Association of Child Psychologists in Private Practice
- Cardiff University Law School/Bond Solon Certified Expert Witness: Civil and Criminal Law
- Registered Expert Witness with the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers